Need an answer, have a question?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to have a PayPal account to buy a manual?
Not at all. You can pay using a credit or debit card through our secure payment gateway or through Paypal if you like. If you don't have or want a PayPal account just click "Don't Have A PayPal account" underneath the paypal log in & it will let you pay with a credit or debit card without a PayPal account.
Mac preview may not open the manual, for some reason Apple has not updated it to the 256 bit standard that's been out for over 4 years now.
MAC customers will need to install the newer version adobe reader (version X 10 or newer), there is a link to download it in the directions. If you didn't see the directions, please check the junk mail in the email account associated with PayPal or the one you entered during checkout
Once you have downloaded & installed it double click on the adobe reader icon, choose recent files, then browse to the manual file on your computer (usually in your downloads folder) and the manual will open with no password. (none of our manuals require a password to view or print)
Not at all. All you need is Adobe Reader X (10) or newer, there is a link to download it in the directions. If you didn't see the directions, please check the junk mail in the email account associated with PayPal or the one you entered during checkout
#4 I downloaded the manual, now I get an error stating the file has been damaged, it asks for a password, or the pages are blank or jumbled?
- If your manual file has a .ZIP file extension you'll need to unzip it before using the manual. You can usually do this just by dragging ALL the files and folders from the window that pops up when you double click on the file you downloaded to your computer’s desktop.
- If you have a Mac computer, see # 2 above.
- If your manual file has a PDF file extension my newer manuals all need is a free program called Adobe Reader, a program that most computers come with from the factory. You will need Adobe Reader X (10) or newer, versions 9 and older will not work, there is a link to download it in the directions. If you didn't see the directions, please check the junk mail in the email account associated with PayPal or the one you entered during checkout. Once downloaded & installed the manual should open righ up with no password. (none of our manuals require a password to view or print)
- If you have done all of the above you may have another PDF program on your computer that you didn't know about that's tring to open your manual, it's an easy fix. Once you have downloaded & installed it double click on the adobe reader icon, choose recent files, then browse to the manual file on your computer (usually in your downloads folder that is located in your My Documents folder) and the manual will open with no password. (none of our manuals require a password to view or print)
MOBILE DEVICES - TABLETS & PHONES
- If the the manual listing shows Mobile Ready, it will work on the devices listed below, if you don't see Mobile Ready next to it, it probably will not.
- Mobile device ready manuals will work on the iPhone & iPad running at least iOS5 or newer, the Kindle Fire and newer full color Kindles with app capabilities, and Android device running Android OS 2.2 or later which includes Android OS version names Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, Key Lime Pie and newer. If your device is older than this, my manual will not work & it's time to upgrade.
- You MUST use the free Adobe Reader app, the PDF programs that came with your device like iBooks will ask for a password. There is no password, the Adobe Reader app will open your manual without one.
- Per Adobe it will work on the following platforms only:
- iOS 5 or later
- Android 2.2 or later
- Microsoft Windows 8 or later
- Windows Phone 7.5 or later
- BlackBerry 10 or later (Reader preinstalled)
ANDROID & KINDLE
- If you have an Android Device including Kindle (Fire and newer full color versions only) it's as easy as it gets. All you need to do is to download the free Adobe Reader app from the Google Play store, download or transfer the manual file to your Android device from your computer and you are good to go. Once the manual file is on your device just open the Adobe Reader app, press documents in the upper right, choose folder view & press the folder that contains the manual, then press the manual & it will open. Once the manual is open you can press on the bookmarks icon on the bottom right, then click the arrow to the right of the chapter to see the other chapters and subjects, then to go to the section you need.
APPLE IPHONE & IPAD
- If you have an iPad or iPhone, Apple makes you jump through a few more hoops, for some reason they have not updated iBooks to the 256 bit PDF security standard that's been out for over 4 years now. You cannot download it to your device directly, you must transfer it from a computer with iTunes to your iPhone or iPad following the directions below.
- The Adobe Reader app is FREE & is available at the app store, once you have installed the Adobe Reader app to your iPad/iPhone, plug it into your computer and open iTunes. (if you just installed the Adobe Reader app let it synch so your new Adobe app shows on your computer)
- Click on your iPad/iPhone under DEVICES on the left column, then Apps at the top middle of the screen. Once the Synch is completed scroll to the bottom of the screen just under where it says "File Sharing", click Adobe Reader, then click ADD under "Adobe Reader Documents and browse to where you downloaded your manual to on your computer. Once it shows up in the on the screen click the SYNC button at the bottom right & it will put your new manual on your iPad or iPhone.
- Unplug your device & open the Adobe Reader app on it, tap "Documents" at the top & your manual should be listed. Once the manual is opened, you can tap the bottom right of the screen for the bookmarks to quickly scan through the manual
Over 99% of my manuals are the factory OEM brand manuals, the same ones your local dealership would use to work on your vehicle. All of the factory manuals are clearly marked as factory, the few aftermarket manauls I do have will not.
No, you will need some type of high speed internet to download manuals. You can email the download link to a friend that has high speed internet and have them put it on a USB drive or burn it to a CD for you.
#8 Are your manuals safe for my computer?
YES My computers and servers are scanned multiple times a day for viruses, malware, spyware & other threats. I have not had a single customer EVER get a virus from one of my manuals.
note - some virus protection applications may throw up a generic warning stating that the file you are about to download MAY contain a virus. You are seeing this warning because any file introduced to your computer MAY contain a virus.
#9 Why do some of your manuals have a different name on it?
I used to have other sites that I no longer update so you may see a notice a cover page stating if you have bought this manual from a different seller to leave bad feedback & contact them. I encourage you to click the "report this seller" email link on the manual cover page to report it, please check your junk mail for the answer you will receive from me so you know I did not just steal it from another seller.
I am an honest seller who works hard to provide you the best manual possible.
Once you have downloaded the manual to your computer it is yours to back up in any way you see fit, just close the manual & drag the file or folder to a USB drive, a CD or DVD burning program or any other way you'd like. You cannot save the manual with it open in the PDF reader using Save AS, you need to close the manual & drag or copy it wherever you like.
ALL of our manuals are fully printable. You can print 1 page, 1 chapter or the entire manual and put it in a 3-ring binder, if you get a page greasy just print another!